Friday, February 26, 2010

Good Pilots

I've been doing some heavy listening to Blind Pilot recently. And while the more I listen the more I like (really like); it now has come to the point that the more I read about these guys the more I love. This Portland, Oregon duo not only make moving and artfully crafted tunes they also seem to be as sincere as the songs they crank out. Now it seems that for this to finally filter down this way they're encountering a much larger career break than before, but the band's intriguing and humble origins really seem to strike a chord. In their early days touring from Portland to other venues they biked up and down the west coast between shows, making no impact other than that with their songs. Some may say it's gimmicky, but I'd like to believe that it's just a creative answer to a question for struggling artists.
So thumbs up to thoughtful artists: Blind Pilot.

Here's a track I'm wild about, hope you are too.


No comments:

Post a Comment